MEETING MINUTES…WHITEHALL BOARD OF EDUCATION…July 22nd, 2019
The July 22nd meeting of the Whitehall Board of Education was held at Whitehall Memorial Elementary Balcony George Everson called the meeting to order at 6:30pm. Roll was called, and a
Other Board members present: Jason Molis (6:40 pm), Byron Fields, Julie Dokkestul, Kristen Carroll and Dan Koxlien. Absent: Leah A.W. Johnson.
Others present: District Manager, Megan Densmore; Superintendent, Mike Beighley; Abby Sacia, Trempealeau County Times Reporter; Elementary Principal, Damon Lisowski; Middle School Principal, Beth Lisowski; High School Principal, Eric Young; Jamie Youngbauer, At Risk Coordinator. Carroll moved to approve vouchers as presented. Fields seconded. Aye – All members. Motion carried.
Administrative reports where given on the following:
- Mr. Lisowski – Summer School wrap up
- Mrs. Lisowski – PLC Institute Update
- Mr. Beighley – MSL rotation Update – TVC 2.0 Annual Meeting
- Mr. Youngbauer – Coaches handbook draft
Koxlien motioned to Approve:
- Approve minutes of June 24th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Approve minutes of June 24th, 2019 Executive Meeting
- Approve minutes of June 26th, 2019 Executive Meeting
- Approve Time Off Request – Amy Thorn
- Approve fall extracurricular coaches
- Approve Zack Olsen Extended Contract Dokkestul seconded. Aye – All members. Motion carried.
Fields motioned to approve 2019-21 employment contract for Eric Young, High School Principal. Koxlien seconded. Aye-All members.
Carroll motioned to approve 2019 District Annual Meeting – October 21, 2019 – 6 PM. Dokkestul seconded. Aye – All Members. Discussion was had on the building use agreement for 2019-2020.
Discussion was had on looking into new legal representation for the 2019-2020 school year.
Koxlien motioned to approve breakfast and lunch prices for 2019-20. Seconded by Fields. Aye-All Members. Carroll motioned to approve activity ticket prices for 2019-20. Seconded by Dokkestul. Aye-All Members.
Carroll motioned to approve second reading of updated Bullying Policy 443.71. Seconded by Dokkestul. Aye-All members. Discussion was had on changes to policy 532.42 – Dock Time.
Discussion was had on academic standards to be used for the 2019-20 school year as required by legislature. Discussion was had on a board policy book review for 2019-2020.
The meeting was motioned to be adjourned by Everson at 6:48 PM. Seconded by Molis. Aye – All Members.