MEETING MINUTES…WHITEHALL BOARD OF EDUCATION…August 27, 2018
The August 27, 2018 meeting of the Whitehall Board of Education was held at Whitehall Memorial Elementary Balcony. President, George Everson called the meeting to order at
6:31 pm. Roll was called, and a quorum established. Other Board members present: Jason Molis, Byron Fields, Kristen Carroll, and Julie Dokkestul. Absent: Leah Johnson and Dan Koxlien. Others present: Superintendent/9-12 Principal, Mike Beighley; District Manager, Megan Densmore; Finance Manager, Cheryl Maug; Elementary Principal, Damon Lisowski; Middle School Principal, Beth Lisowski; Assistant High School Principal, Jamie Youngbauer; Special Education Director, Vickie O’Dell; Trempealeau County Times Reporter, Abby Sacia.
Molis moved to approve vouchers as presented. Carroll seconded. Aye – All members. Motion carried.
Fields moved to approve the following items of the Motion Calendar:
- Approve minutes of July 30, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Approve minutes of July 30, 2018 Executive Meeting
- Approve Extra-Curricular Contracts
- Approve employment of Tammy Frye – Full-Time Head Cook
- Approve employment of Paulette Dunn – Full-Time Cook
- Approve employment of Cynthia Slaby – Part-Time Cook
- Approve change to policy 662.1 (Student Activity Funds Management)
- Approve removal of policies, 230, 240, 530 and 541
- Approve addition of policy 254 (Job Descriptions)
- Approve addition of policy 523.2 (Nursing Mothers)
- Approve addition of policy 523.3 (Reporting Accidents)
- Approve change to 534 (Substitute Teachers)
M.. Approve addition of policy 535 (Volunteers)
- Approve addition of policy 455.3 (STOP IT)
Dokkestul seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
Beighley gave update on School Safety Grant Process: Round One includes finishing the fence perimeter (completed) STOPIT app (completed) security film for additional entrances (in process), violence and bullying prevention training for staff to be completed by end of 2018/2019 school year, and an updated crisis management plan (in process)
Molis and Fields gave an update on the TVC 2.0. Year-round calendar, block scheduling, common student management system and PLC expectations were discussed.
Beighley gave an update on the summer maintenance projects. The science rooms and air conditioning unit in auditorium were discussed.
Beighley gave an update on Johnson Controls HVAC program for future course offering.
Molis moved to approve to continue with Kirk Strang from Strang, Patteson for the 2018-19 school year. Dokkestul seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
Fields moved to approve Elementary and and Jr/Sr High Student Handbooks for 2018-2019. Molis seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
Molis moved to approve extra curricular handbook for 2018-19 school year. Dokkestul seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
Members and staff, building and mobile lab walkthrough and review for the 2018-19 school year.