MEETING MINUTES…WHITEHALL BOARD OF EDUCATION…September 22, 2014
The September 22, 2014 meeting of the Whitehall Board of Education was held at Whitehall Memorial Conference Room. President, David Skoyen called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Roll was called and a quorum established. Other Board members present: George Everson, Byron Fields, Leah Johnson (6:40 p.m.), Kristen Carroll, and Jason Molis. Absent: Julie Dokkestul. Others present: Superintendent/6-12 Principal, Mike Beighley; Elementary Principal, Damon Lisowski; Special Ed Director, Vickie O’Dell; Director of Curriculum & Assessment, Beth Lisowski; Finance Manager, Cheryl Maug; Reporter, Scott Thomson; Carmen Lee.
Everson moved to approve vouchers as presented. Fields seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
Molis moved to approve the following items of the Motion Calendar:
- Approve minutes of August 25, 2104 Budget Hearing
- Approve minutes of August 25, 2014 Regular Meeting
- Review minutes of August 25, 2014 Annual Meeting
- Approve minutes of August 25, 2104 Executive Session
- Approve 66:0301 Contract for 2014-15: 40% Speech and Language Services from Blair-Taylor School District
- Approve Extra-Curricular Contracts for 2014-2015
- Approve resignation of Robert Gueltzow – effective September 15, 2014
- Approve resignation/retirement of Gary Pampuch – effective November 26, 2014
Carroll seconded. Aye – All Members. Motion carried.
- Lisowski presented School Report Card assessment data.
- Lisowski reported on current and upcoming assessment requirements. Samples of the new test format were passed out.
- Lisowski discussed an option for students to purchase Chromebooks. The Elementary currently has enough Chromebooks for 1-1 on 2nd floor and enough for two classroom to use at one time on the 1st floor. By allowing students to purchase their own laptops it may help get more computers available for student use. The District would still have control over what the students would have access to. Chromebooks only run on Chrome (and Google) and students cannot download anything. Board consented to allow students to purchase Chromebooks through the District.
Beighley reviewed plans for replacement of custodial positions. We will need to replace both positions and may also need some day time coverage. Currently, one position is posted and the second posting will go out soon. Would possibly like someone with electrical experience and ability to operate equipment (skid steer, plow, mowers, etc.).
New razing bid request went out last week Thursday for Sunset and Pigeon Falls buildings. Contractors may submit separate bids for each building or a bid for razing both buildings. May need to hold a special meeting on the 2ndMonday in October to approve bid/s.
Skoyen recessed to Executive session pursuant to S.S. 19.85 (1) (c) to discuss base wage negotiations with WTA and/or WESPA as well as discuss re-draft of teacher salary schedule. Time: 7:12 p.m.
(Pending Board Approval)